Monday, June 4, 2012

Resignation Letter

Today I wrote my resignation letter from the LDS church. I've been wanting to do it for about a week but figured there's no rush. Maybe there should be a rush. The sooner I put this whole debacle behind me the better, for the sake of my sanity. I'm including my wife and my son in the letter and will send it to church headquarters in Salt Lake. I'm debating whether to send a copy to my bishop and stake president as well. I know they will eventually get a copy but if I send it to them personally I know they will be shocked and disappointed. I just had an interview with the stake president about a year ago(long before this issue came to a head)about calling me as an assistant ward clerk, and he grilled me about why I went inactive 8 years ago. Like he didn't want to waste his time on me if I was going to go inactive again. At the time I was committed to make it work and had no inkling of the events that would transpire earlier this year that would lead to my leaving the church. I can't let that stop me from what I'm doing, though. I am absolutely sure I'm making the right decision and have no doubts and have no desire to change my mind about this. That much is clear. But there will probably be some hurt feelings and disappointment on the behalf of some of my ward and stake leaders but I can't let that cloud my judgment. I wrote the letter this morning and will have to edit it a little when I get home this evening... Then all I just have to do is send it... Take care, J.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Good Place To Raise A Family

One of the comments that a leader made to a person who was investigating the history of the church and how it doesn't line up with the ...