Wednesday, February 8, 2017

2017-Five Years Out Of The Church

2017 marks the 5 year anniversary of my leaving the LDS church. Not much has changed in the past few years. I have moved on from the church and though I won't forget the church, I need to put it in the past and move on.

One thing that I thought about was that though the LDS church took a lot from me, it didn't take everything.

It took my time and a lot of energy that could have been spent in other areas of my life. All those meetings and home teaching assignments and preparing for lessons took a lot of my spare time.
I was reflecting the other day how one Sunday, I don't remember when, I had church for 3 hours, then in the afternoon I went home teaching for a few hours. Back home to eat supper, then I was gone to a general priesthood meeting.

I was gone all day. My wife was not impressed. And I was exhausted.

One thing the LDS church didn't take from me is my belief in God and in Jesus Christ. I am still a Christian and though I might be confused about a lot of things, I'm not confused about that.

And I'm very thankful for that. the LDS church may have beat me down, but I'm not out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Good Place To Raise A Family

One of the comments that a leader made to a person who was investigating the history of the church and how it doesn't line up with the ...