Friday, September 4, 2015

No Apologies

A few months ago I posted about image and control in the LDS church and as I reread the post I felt a little bad for any of my Facebook friends who are still members of the church. If any of them read it they may have been a little angry with me as it seemed I was making fun of the current leaders of the church who the LDS hold in high regard.

It was meant as humour, but I can see that it was a little mean and I should have been more tolerant of the LDS church members feelings.

But I make no apologies for the content of that post. It is my opinion that the LDS leadership are leading the members of the church astray. I believe that the LDS church is a dangerous cult that seriously manipulates it members. I really do feel that they have all these rules and commandments not to help members but only to control their lives.

I can sympathize with the members because I was one for 19 years. I know that they are taught that any commandment that is given is from Heavenly Father and is for their benefit, but really does God care about how many earrings a woman has? Or that a guy wears earrings? Or that guys wear white shirts to church? Or that a woman wear slacks to church? Or that anyone has a beer or a glass of wine once in a while.  Deep down, DOES HE REALLY CARE ABOUT THOSE THINGS??

No, I don't think so. I think Heavenly Father (God) cares about what is in a person's heart. One Sunday back in August I wore a black shirt and shorts to church. There was a band on stage with a drummer (my new friend Peter), keyboards, electric guitar and acoustic guitar, And guess what we were singing about? And every Sunday since then?

JESUS CHRIST.

That is all we ever sing about at church. We don't sing about prophets past or present. We don't sing songs about how great Joseph Smith  the alleged prophet was. We sing about Jesus Christ.

And this is what a Christian church should sing about. And preach about. And talk about in Bible Study groups. Jesus Christ.

The LDS church claims it is the restored gospel, Jesus Christ's own church. But they don't talk enough about this man called Christ. This is why we are called Christians. We worship Christ. And only him.

And we can be wearing a coloured shirt when we are doing it. And an earring or two if we want. And women can wear *gasp* slacks and a t-shirt. Everyone can wear jeans or they can dress up if they wish. Or they can wear shorts. What matters most is that you are worshiping Christ together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Good Place To Raise A Family

One of the comments that a leader made to a person who was investigating the history of the church and how it doesn't line up with the ...