Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Playing The Waiting Game

So we're just waiting to get confirmation that our names have been removed from the membership records of the LDS church. I had a feeling it wouldn't be a quick process. And really there is no rush. I am no longer a member in spirit and haven't been for weeks now. I'm not going to be impatient about it either, there's no use in getting stressed about it. It will happen when it happens and then I can finally put the LDS church behind me and move on. I don't really know what will happen in the near future. I'm not in a hurry to join another church. I'm going to enjoy my Sunday's off for a while. Maybe someday I'll feel the need or have the desire to look into attending another church, but in reality I don't really think I will ever want to commit to another church or religion again. I may have mentioned this before but my experience with the LDS church has completely destroyed my concept of God and the role of religion in my life. The LDS teachings were so ingrained into me and were a part of my life for so long, that to find out that they are not true or accurate, has left me destitute of any concept of what is "right" or "wrong" as it pertains to God and religion and our purpose here on Earth. (I still know what is "right" or "wrong" as it pertains to the law or morality).I know that in time I will "get over" the church and it might be a long time or it might be only a few weeks, I don't know. But once I get confirmation that I am no longer a member of the LDS church it will be one step closer to getting its influence out of my life once and for all.Take care,J.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Good Place To Raise A Family

One of the comments that a leader made to a person who was investigating the history of the church and how it doesn't line up with the ...